Jun 3, 2010

Fast Trip



2nd of June, me and my dad traveled 6 hours from Pasir Mas to Kuantan to visit my granpa, who happen to be in “half dead” condition. Right side of his body can’t move, which include that his right brain, that’s why affecting his talking ability. My uncle located him at an elderly care center in Kuantan.
*Sigh, seeing grandpa like this, a sudden sour feel will rush to my nose. He can hardly utter a word. When I see that he can’t say out what he wanted to say, plus we can’t understand, his frustration of that makes me feel one kind. Seeing the other old people there, I feel funny and, at the same time, pity to them. Can you imagine that when you can’t move or can’t speak and then you have to excrete yourself in a diaper. Furthermore, can you stand of being sitting there from day to night doing nothing? There’s one old lady actually say that she’s very surfer from boredom, because she actually can’t move and being put on a chair from morning to night! Some are just rambling about silly things like their sons will come to fetch them back home, they’re just there for few days, which happen to be that they’d already been there for years!! How pity is that? The way they say it, is funny, but in a sad way…
And the food they eat! OMG, they hate them more than anything, however no choice but to eat. They are served with porridge and vegetables and some meat that have been blended, imagine banana milk shake, but instead of banana it’s made of porridge and it’s tasteless. That’s why my aunt brings our own porridge there, coz luckily my grandpa still can digest that. The others, they are served the blended porridge thingy because that’s the only thing they can eat.
Looking at my grandpa’s swelled hand and leg, plus hardly express what’s in his mind, I feel scare. Even my grandpa himself was scared also. He said that his hand is swelled, just like the way grandma did before she passed away. So, he was a little worried about that. XD Now that everyday massages his hand and leg, hoping after when he can walk, he’ll be back to his house again. They say that acupuncture actually can cure stroke one. So, wish you get well soon, grandpa! =)
3rd of June, before starting a 6-hours journey again back to home, me and my dad revisited grandpa once more. Just like yesterday, the old lady kept saying about her sons in Singapore XD. Then there’s one old couple where the husband kept asking his wife to find taxi for them to get them away from there. The wife’s thinking is still, that’s why showing abit frustration against her husband. Sad ain’t it? They’re just too bored! After awhile, there’s a son sending his mother here for a day care. We chatted with him. There’s one thing I’m very agree to him, he said, we all (includes me and you) a heading to a same place, a stage of our life journey, it’s just depend on whether we got the qualification to reach there or not. He said exercise is important, avoiding us to get very ill when we’re old and prepare us to get to that stage. That’s what happened to his father who died too fat 20 years ago…  Since then, he lost 30kg and 1000 sit ups and dumbbell-ing every morning, he said. LoL~
Today we get grandpa the MP4 with the golden melodies downloaded, hope he should able to use it. Before going, he tapped on my shoulder. The look, the look he looked at me, I just smiled… and I nudged my head, assuming that he’s telling me to study well (as he still can’t speak)…
On the way home, we stopped by Kuala Terengganu for lunch at the Kampung Cina there. Fuh~ crowded with cars! The china street is quite happening, with the colourful old buildings. Gosh, I wish I had my camera! =D